Monday 27 June 2011

I ♥ Hello Ghost

I watched it last night, bet my eyes were still swollen like cherry tomatoes. Wonder why? Try watching it, alone or with your whole family. Cha Tae Yang

Cha Tae-Hyun, you bastard! you made my eyes incredibly swollen till morning, good thing I had no appointments outside or else anyone who sees me will assume that I got ditched by my imaginary boyfriend. Nah..just kidding, I love Cha Tae Hyun, he never fails to make me laugh and cry even at the middle of the night. I watched Hello Ghost until 3 in the morning yesterday and even though my internet connection gets my blood pressure high, I remained patient. Perhaps I have this high hopes that at the end of the story, the film will please me like always.

The story focused with a young orphaned bachelor  who is suffering of extreme depression. To end up his misery, he opted for suicidal means like over dosing himself with drugs and jumping off the river. Fortunately, he fails every time. However, his near to death experiences opened his third eye so he was able to see dead people. Unfortunately, he was stalked by four ghost which for them to get lost, Sang-Man (Cha Tae-Hyun )has to fulfill their unfinished businesses by letting the ghost use his body. Even though Sang-Man feels that the mission is too bothersome, he seems to feel hHello_Ghostappy about it ‘cause he’s been alone for quite a while.

I haven’t watched such a satisfying movie for a while. Since I have read about Hello Ghost on Dramabeans with Cha Tae Hyun as the lead role, I long anticipated for it. After Speedy Scandal, Sassy Girl, My Girl and I, I’ve been a solid fan of this not-so-handsome-but-hilarious-actor (that’s my first impression of him).

Although, I really enjoyed the movie I already felt some clues on how the story will end given that Sang-man grew up in an orphanage. Though in the end, I still ended up crying like a mad lady. The film really went straight from the heart (I guess to my heart) that’s why it made a really big impact on me. I hate how family centered genre weakens me every time.

Just a trivia, Hello Ghost is so awesome that it was noticed by an American Film director and it is a work in the process. How cool is that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment